- This event has passed.
Laser Cutter Training
March 6 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Laser cutting is a rapid protoyping tool and is the powerhouse of a makerspace. Students come for the 3D printers, but they stay for the laser cutter!
Need a training session on how to operate your laser cutter? This hands-on training will be offered to all current and prospective customers of 1st Maker Space at the IoT Lab in Fishers.
By the end of this training session, all participants will be able to:
- Safely operate a 60-80 Watt laser cutter.
- Identify materials that are safe to use in the laser cutter.
- Use Lightburn to model 2D images.
- Use Tinkercad to model 2D and 3D images.
- Transfer digital images to the laser for cutting and engraving.
All participants will be able to model and engrave or cut something on the laser cutter as a part of this workshop. Please bring a laptop, fully charged, to this workshop with WiFi capabilities. In addition, all participants need to wear close-toed shoes.